To have your club featured on this website, please contact the booking clerk, Penny Day
10am Detling Watercolour Group Contact Dorothy Andrews at
10.30am Medau Fitness Class with Sue Tapp. Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org; Home: 01795 410525, M: 07731777114
7.30pm Detling Short Mat Bowls Contact Olive Monk 01622 736903
9am Toddler Sensory Development Class Contact Victoria Windus at email@example.com or on 07935 339329
6pm Yoga Contact Julie Dodd at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01795 559777
8pm 1st Wednesday of the month: Ringcraft — Contact Malcolm Pucknell on 01622 758835 or email email@example.com
7pm 3rd Wednesday of the month: WI — Contact Ann Spain on 01622 676773
7.30pm 2nd Wednesday of the month: Marmite Ukulele Club — Contact Anna at firstname.lastname@example.org
2pm 2nd Thursday of the month: U3A — Contact Trevor Smith email: email@example.com
7pm Invicta Photographic Club: Contact Tony Bentley at tony- Bentley@btconnect.com
7.15pm Whist Contact Pauline Baldwin on 01795 872046
10am Baby Sensory Contact Nicola at firstname.lastname@example.org
8pm Ringcraft Contact Malcolm Pucknell on 01622 758 835
Or email: email@example.com
9am Kidz Kung Fu Contact Lorraine or Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org
9am Spangles Spanish Contact Jimena Shafto on 01622 735292 or email@example.com
9am (dates on request) Medway Towns Rabbit Fanciers contact Bob Bushell on 01622745314
9am (dates on request) Remote Control Trucking Club contact Noel Dollimore at firstname.lastname@example.org
2.30pm (1st Sunday of the month variable) Boxer Dog Club. Contact Sandra Galloway on 01843 867100 or email: CASBAHSANDI@aol.com
7pm (Last Sunday of the month) Ballroom Dancing contact Steven Porter at email@example.com
Baby Sensory is coming to Detling Village Hall!
Our first 5 week term starts on Friday 27th January
On our Waiting List? Don’t wait, come and join us here!
Wanting to meet new friends with your baby?
This is the perfect opportunity!
Each week we have something special planned…
Join us for…
A great introduction in to Baby Sensory and a perfect way to meet other new parents. We will all be new together
Find out about why cuddlies are (or most certainly will be)
so important in your baby’s life!
Language development is vital in your baby’s first year and nursery rhymes help lay the foundations for many supporting elements –
come and find out all about it!
Yay! We have another great reason to let the babies have a relaxing session enjoy an abundance of soft sensory lighting. A magical session!
|Click here to Book Now|
Here are all the details for our first Detling Term:
Fridays – Detling Village Hall – 5 week term £35 (27th Jan to 24th Feb)
10am class for babies from birth to 13 months
Medau Fitness Class
For all ages and abilities. Move to music and rhythms and use apparatus to enhance the movement. Medau is the all body fitness class that any age or ability can do and stay fit for life. No barriers to learning and achieving your personal goals. Commencing 5th September, every Monday from 10.30 – 12 a.m. First class free so come and try it. Will then be £7 per class followed by payment for short courses. Look Medau up on the internet or just come along and see what you think. Fully qualified instructor with 16 years experience. Just bring some water and a mat or towel for floor work.
For more information contact Sue Tapp, Home: 01795 410525, M: 07731777114. I look forward to seeing you.
Kidz Kung Fu
Welcome to our All New Kidz Kung Fu
Academy In Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells
Our aim here at Kidz Kung Fu Academy is not only to teach children self-defence but also to increase their confidence, self-esteem, focus andconcentration. Through the discipline of Kung Fu training we start them on a Journey of Self Control, respect and improved attitude.
Adults Kung Fu Academy
Why let the kidz have all the fun?
If you’re looking to learn self defence, keep fit and have fun….why not try our adult only classes?
All of our Instructors are:
- Fully Insured
- First Aid Trained
- Fully CRB checked
- Hi I’m Sifu Lorraine. The reason I became involved in teaching children’s Kung Fu was that I could see what a fantastic difference it can make to a child’s life. Whether it be giving a child a much needed confidence boost or to help calm a child down –martial arts is a great way to see a dramatic and very quick turn around in behaviour patterns. I’ve had years of experience working with children as an out of school Supervisor at Linden Lea and Pennies nursery. I have 1st hand knowledge of dealing with children that have certain learning difficulties and behaviour disorders….ADHD, ASD, Autism to name a few.
I’ve been instructing Kung Fu now for 5 years with both children & adults however my passion lies with the children!!! I have a natural affinity with children (I’ve never really grown up myself !!) and the opportunity to make a positive impact in children’s lives is what has driven me to start KIDZ KUNG FU ACADEMY alongside Si Je Kim….Its going to be a very exciting 2013!!!!
- Hi I’m Si Je Kim and am very excited about starting up the all new Kidz Kung Fu Academy alongside Sifu Lorraine. My Martial arts journey started when I was 6 years old. I started teaching children at the age of 21 and did so for 9 years until I started my family. I became involved with Kung Fu 2 years ago when my children Albie & Alivia started classes. I began assisting Sifu Lorraine and gradually became involved more & more. I am a registered Childminder and love working with children. I have worked with many children with learning difficulties and have undergone a course in child psychology to help me understand how to work better with children.
- For more information regarding Kidz Kung Fu at Detling please contact Lorraine or Kim on 0771 461 3002 or email at Lorraine Cousins firstname.lastname@example.org
Toddler Sense is a multi-award winning activity programme, which introduces children aged 13 months to 5 years-old, to a whole new world of adventure after Baby Sensory. The activities are designed to keep toddlers and children busy, active, and stimulated by offering them a magical, multi-adventure experience in a safe and happy environment.
The aims of Toddler Sense are:
- to promote a positive attitude to exercise
- to keep children mentally alert
- to develop imagination and creativity
- to promote social and emotional development
- to enhance language and communication skills
- to gain a basic understanding of mathematics
- to develop an understanding of the world in a fun and energetic way.
What makes Toddler Sense Special?
Each week introduces fresh new ideas and an action-packed adventure. There is always something new and exciting to look forward to. After each session, everyone buzzes with energy and enthusiasm having had a huge amount of fun. The end result is a great sense of well-being and achievement!
Children join classes designed for their age and stage of development as follows:
- New Explorers (13 months – 20 months)
- Adventurers (20 months – 3 years)
- Rangers (3 years – 5 years)
New Explorers: As toddlers grow and become more independent, they have a natural curiosity and appetite to explore. Toddler Sense gently introduces toddlers to equipment and activities that are suitable for their age and stage of development.
Adventurers: Early adventures are an important part of a child’s journey of discovery, helping them to learn about themselves and the world around them. Toddler Sense offers a whole new world of adventure and challenge that lead learning and development forwards, and motivate children to try out new skills.
Rangers (subject to availability): The preschool years are a magical time of learning and development. Children become more imaginative and independent as they broaden their skills through play, fantasy, and exploration. They also become more sociable as they engage, participate and cooperate with their peers and with other people.
Class Leaders undergo rigorous training to deliver a high-quality service and to value each child as a unique individual.
What we will be doing:
The session is divided into three balanced phases-regular structure being important to young children as it helps to prepare them for school.
- Exploratory Play Time: a great way of settling the children, letting them burn off energy and encouraging catch-up time between mums and dads.
- Mat Time: Toddlers like the familiarity of our ‘How Do You Do? Song, which is followed by 20-30 minutes of activities and music, rhythm sticks, parachutes, giant air balls and action songs.
- Time for Adventure: We’re off again, entertaining a place rich in sensory stimulation and wonder. Each week you will find yourself transported to whole new worlds, and no two sessions are ever the same. Finally, it’s back to the mats for our ‘Say Goodbye’song.
Did you know that?
- Toddlers learn best when given the freedom to explore things for themselves. Each week is themed with specific activities that create a range of exciting adventures.
- Every week we produce a vast array of exciting, stimulating materials and equipment, many of them unique to the Toddler Sense programme.
- Classes include a wealth of soft play equipment, inflatable fun, gym equipment and lots more. The set-up is different each week. You need to see it to believe it!
- Toddler Sense was founded by Dr. Lin Day, who is also the creator and founder of multi-award winning Baby Sensory. Dr Lin Day is a renowned expert and published author within the fields of sensory and childhood development.
Additional Programme Benefits:
Toddler Sense brings together sensory play, movement, and a repertoire of exciting, upbeat classical and cultural music as well as jazz, pop, rock, rhythmic sounds, and dance from different world cultures. All of the senses will be stimulated by the carnival-style activities such as the Conga crocodile, colourful ribbons, pom-poms and scarves, parachutes, bubbles plus lots more! Can you imagine climbing a snow mountain, going on safari, walking the pirate plank, taming a fiery dragon, or catching a shooting star? Children with sensory impairments will naturally respond to the light shows, the adventure tunnels, and the specially designed soft play equipment.
When toddlers or children join Toddler Sense, the only requirement is for them is to bring their natural enthusiasm and energy, and get ready to have a great time!
BEARSTED & DISTRICT U3A are an organisation where retired or semi-retired people from all walks of life and all ages meet like-minded men and women to expand their knowledge, share interests and acquire skills and experiences. Visitors and new members are assured of a warm welcome at their monthly meetings. Joining them is probably the best way to make new friends. They have over 25 interest groups, monthly meetings with a speaker, leisure and educational visits, regular social events and benefits from the Third Age Trust that they are part of. ALL THIS FOR JUST £20 A YEAR.
Detling W.I. is a friendly and active institute with around 35 members and meets at 7.45pm on the 3rd Wednesday of the month (not August) in Detling Village Hall. Each meeting has a Trading Stall, Teas, Raffle and Competition Table. During the course of the year we go on a variety of outings. New members and guests are always welcome to join us.
A friendly and energetic community theatre group based in the village of Detling, Near Maidstone, Kent, England. Our regular programme includes an outdoor Shakespeare production every two years and a “family” show in Detling Village Hall around Christmas time each year. In addition, we present a wide range of plays – comedies, murder mysteries and serious dramas.
Detling Ringcraft Club
We are a small friendly club that welcomes all breeds to our training sessions.
Each week we have a different trainer to help you to get the best from your dog in the show ring. It is also a good environment to socialise your puppy.
We hold monthly matches on the last Friday of each month ( a list of match nights is published on the Match Results Menu) and the winner of each class qualifies for our Dog of the Year contest.
So please come along for a friendly relaxing evening, and with some luck your efforts will be rewarded in the show ring.
Our classes start at 8 pm every Friday, with training for puppies under six months of age, followed at 8.45 with normal training for all dogs.
We now hold and additional training evening on the FIRST WEDNESDAY of each month.
|Spangles has been successfully running Spanish courses for children aged from 3 to 16 years in Kent since 2005. The courses are all about making learning fun. Set in a lively environment children sing, dance, talk and play all in Spanish.At Spangles, children learn Spanish through games, movement, colourful visual aids, music and practical conversation, with classes available for 3-4, 5-8, 9-11 and 12-18 years.
Each child is awarded a vocabulary picture-sheet at the end of each lesson and everyone can access the interactive games on this website to assist with learning.
All lessons are taught by enthusiastic fully qualified native speaking Spanish teachers with years of experience teaching the language at all levels.
Term times co-incide with school terms:
Your child will achieve skills that can be used either academically or sociable as well as raising their aspirations later on in life by preparing them to be more competitive in terms of work opportunities in a Global Market where languages play an important role in the decision making of tomorrow’s leaders.
Spangles Spanish Website: http://www.spangles.cc/kidshome.htm
Contact: Jimena Shafto on 01622 735292
Marmite Ukulele Club
We’re a small, sociable group of uke enthusiasts who meet up once a month for a friendly laid-back jam session. We have a good mix of more experienced musicians to absolute novices who have learnt their very first chords with us. Even if you don’t have your own uke, come along and we’ll lend you one to have a go. We always welcome new members, so feel free to join us on the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7:30pm.
Have a look at our website www.myspace.com/marmiteukuleleclub or email us on marmiteukuleleclub (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk to find out more
London and Home Counties Boxer Dog Club
The coastal division of the London & Home Counties Boxer Club caters for boxer owners in and around Kent. We hold monthly meets in Detling on the first Sunday of each month, starting with training at 2.30pm. Our rallies are friendly and fun, and new members are always welcome!
For more information, please email Sandra Galloway : CASBAHSANDI@aol.com
For more details: http://www.lhcbc-coastal.co.uk/